Friday 28 November 2014

Survey Results - Collection and Analysis

"How old are you?"

For my first question, I asked "How old are you?", the highest result for this question was 30 out of 46 people in 13-18 years of age. This has helped me decide the age range of my target audience as it has made me aware of the fact that those who are most interested in music are 13-18 years old.
This means I will be catering to a younger audience when designing my magazine.













"What is your gender?"


For this question, I was surprised to see that more people who were taking the survey were female. I expected there to be an even amount of boys and girls, however, the difference in numbers could simply be because more female people found the survey and so less male people took it as they didn't find it, or this could be because people of the female gender are more interested in music.

"Which genre of music are you most interested in?"

Over all, there is a varied interest in music, however, the three most prominent genres of choice are Rock, Pop and Indie/Alternative. This did not surprise me as, from my experience, they are three of the most common genre choices. Be that as it may, I was surprised by the lack of answers in 'Others' as I was expecting people to choose R&B, Rap or other genres which I didn't put as an option.

For this question, Rock received the most votes and so I have decided to use Rock as my chosen magazine genre rather than my original genre of Goth as I feel this would create a more widely appreciated magazine.














"How often do you read music magazines?"

I was unsurprised by the answers for this question as I realised that a lot of people are unwilling to subcribe to certain magazines or even buy them as most information can be found online now. I was also unsurprised that "Once a week" and "Once a month" were two of the highest, excluding "Never". This did not surprise me as a lot of music magazines come out once a month or once a week, for example, I am subcribed to 'Kerrang!' magazine which comes out once a week.






"How much would you pay for a music magazine?"

I asked this question because I wanted to see which got the highest vote and what kind of price range I should use for my own magazine.

I was unsurprised to find that most people wanted to spend as little money as possible. This caused me to question whether it was better to make my magazine more favourable with cheap cost so that more people might buy it or whether it would be better to make it a little more expensive so to target the 34.78% who chose £3.99 - £4.99.



"What is your favourite band/singer?"

This question was asked to help me find out what kind of bands people are into and to find out which bands are classed as Rock so that I might look into the way they present themselves and take influence on how I should present my own Rock band to create a Gothic/Rock look that shows the genre of my magazine easily.








"How often do you listen to music?"

I expected "Everyday" do be the most voted answer as music is something that comes into everyday life, whether it's on adverts, films or even the radio. Another reason I expected this answer was because I also found that music comes into my everyday life.
I asked this question to see how interested in music people actually are.













"What would make you want to buy a music magazine?"

The reason I asked this question was that I wanted to see the main things people look for in a magazine so I would know what to put on my magazine cover or in the contents page.
This has helped me as I now know I will need to include previews of articles on favourite artists and perhaps special offers linked to these favourite artists. I also now know that some people look for free gifts in a magazine and therefore I will include offers for such gifts and perhaps a preview on the cover of free posters inside which will act as a free gift.

No comments:

Post a Comment