Tuesday 6 January 2015

Location of Photography

These are my possibly locations for the photography of my magazine.

Photography Studio

I feel it would be good to get photos of my models with a blank background behind them as a lot of magazine covers have plain backgrounds to bring all focus to the band. A plain background is also easier to cut out using programs such as Photoshop. Along with this, such a place would be appropriate for experimenting with different light sources such as single and three point light sources.



Marnhull (or Mere) Graveyard

This graveyard would be an appropriate background for my photography as I could create a theatrical Ghostly/Zombie scene in it and Goth's are stereotypically said to 'hang out' in Graveyards. I feel there are several parts which would make particularly good backgrounds such as the large iron gates or the huge church doors as both have a Gothic look and would be much like the architectural feature in the Bad Pollyanna image I analysed earlier. Along with this, having gravestones in the background would create an appropriate background for a Ghost/Zombie scene as they are symbolic of death and would make the band seem creepy and deathly. If I were to go inside the church, I could take some Gothic looking images much like the ones I analysed earlier of the dramatic close up shots and the interestingly posed model with a slightly theatrical style. Another feature could be the small cluster of trees in the graveyard as these create a menacing and dark appearance with many dark shadows, therefore making the band seem somewhat evil which will separate my imagery from the far friendlier look of other magazines such as pop.

Old Sherborne Castle

In my opinion, this would be a fitting scene as there are lots of dark and abandoned in appearance parts to the castle, for example the photo on the right. Along with this, I could take some interesting photos with the ruins of the castle in the background and perhaps have the band emerging from the fog, this would cause the castle to appear faded subtley into the background, much like the architecture faded into the background of Bad Pollyanna's image.

Shear Water

I could create many atmospheric shots either in or around this lake. For example, I could have one of my models emerging from the water as this would relate to most horror movies and create a frightening atmosphere, therefore creating a Gothic effect of fear. Along with this, I could have the silhouettes of my models stood in front of the lake on a stormy day, therefore making the lake appear grey and lifeless and the overall image to appear somewhat angry and intense.


Crockerton Forest

To make my magazine obviously rock, I am sticking to a Gothic stereotype which is often associated with horror movies. A forest is often set as a scene for horror movies, therefore making it fitting for my photos. I could get many photos of my model(s) emerging from the trees and create ghostly horror movie style images. However, I also feel that Blue Bell Woods in/near Mere would be a good choice due to the many fallen trees and great height of the upright trees, along with this, there is an abandoned tent that looks as though it were attacked by an animal. I feel this abandoned tent would create some great images as they would appear frightening and as though they had come straight out of a horror movie.

No comments:

Post a Comment