Thursday 26 February 2015

Evaluation 4

Evaluation 4

Who would be the audience for your media product?
After doing my survey, I found that the majority of those who read music magazines are 13-18. After asking about gender, I decided to focus on a more female audience as the majority of people answered as female, however, I also added features to attract a male audience as well. I found that rock was a popular genre among those who read music magazines and so I decided my magazine would be aimed at people who are 13-18 with an interest in Rock.

Once I had decided this, I started to look into other bands with a similar target audience to find out what sort of things they use to connect with their audience. I found that dark makeup and black clothing was a popular part in this and so I decided to make this a feature of my own photography. I decided my magazine band would be based on other bands such as The Pretty Reckless and Bad Pollyanna who are both female fronted bands and so they hold the ability to address a mainly female audience who might think of them as role models.

Along with this, I have made my price fit my audience as it is only £2.99 which was most voted in my survey. I did this because a lot of people who are 13-18 are Pre-cash and so they will therefore have little money which means I must use a reasonable price in order to sell more copies of my magazine to my chosen audience.

No comments:

Post a Comment