Thursday 5 February 2015

Magazine Cover Plans and Ideas

To help with my choice in magazine cover photo, I created some rough drafts and tests which helped me see which images would look most fitting and appropriate for my cover.

This could be a good choice of front cover as the model I have used in this photo is centred, leaving a reasonable amount of space for previews, special offers and extra photos around the edges. The position also leaves enough space for the models head to be over the Masthead without making the words unreadable. Along with this, due to the low positioning of the guitar, there is a convenient placing for the band name as there is nothing to obstruct the view or damage the readability of the writing. 






I feel that this could be a good choice in cover image as it shows the whole band. However, I feel that the image is not quite right as the band look a little caught off guard in the photo, for example, the model on the far right isn't looking at the camera. I also feel that it doesn't work well as a cover image because there is no space left around the edges for previews and special offers, therefore meaning that writing would have to be over-laid on top of the band which would give it an untidy finish.





In my opinion, this would make a good cover image as, unlike the image before, there is enough space around the edges for previews and special offers. Along with this, there is direct eye contact which makes the cover appear engaging. I feel that the general positioning also creates an interesting cover photo as it is different and more eye catching than a completely centred pose. However, I feel this image is too over exposed and lacking in colour to create an eye catching cover because all colours in the photo are muted.




This cover, in my opinion, would be the best choice as it holds many aspects which make it fitting to be a cover. Aspects such as the positioning are good because the way the model is positioned means that plenty of space is left for previews, special offers and other images. I also prefer this cover as the forest background gives the cover depth and creates an eye-catching appearance.

No comments:

Post a Comment