Thursday 26 February 2015

Evaluation 6

Evaluation 6

What have you learnt about technologies from the process of constructing this product?

For my product, I used a variety of different technologies, for example, for my photography I used both a Canon EOS 550D and 600D. These were both very good choices for my photos as they take high resolution photos and so my magazine was given a more professional appearance. When using these, I learnt a lot about taking the right photos as I found that manual zoom works best to get the best photo possible and I also learnt which settings are best for my kind of photography.

I already had quite a lot of experience with Photoshop as I had previously used it in Art, Graphics and at work experience. This helped because it meant that I could do what I needed to my magazine without worrying about how to do it. However, during this process, I did find some things to be troublesome and so I learnt some new and helpful things such as how to use guidelines which was extremely useful when it came to the time of typing up my magazine interviews which needed separating into three columns.



On the other hand, Indesign is a program I struggled to use greatly. I began using it to create my double page spread as I felt it would be better when separating the text into columns and adding a page divide. However, I found it hard to use and after spending much time unsuccessfully practising on it, I moved back onto Photoshop as I felt it would be better not to use all of my time on a program I couldn't use.





For features such as my photography slideshows, I used Powerpoint Online. In the beginning I had been trying to use the usual installed Powerpoint, however, I soon found that I could not import my slideshows onto my blog through this. Later, I found that Powerpoint Online had the ability to generate an embed HTML code and so I chose to create my slideshows on this as it was easy to use and easy to embed.





I used Blogger to present my work online. This was, in my opinion, an easy site to use and so I have been able to display my work with ease.

No comments:

Post a Comment