Thursday 26 February 2015

Evaluation 5

Evaluation 5

How did you attract/address your audience?
I attempted to attract the attention of my audience using multiple techniques such as appropriate photography.
The photography and models
 were important parts of my magazine as they will be the main thing people focus on. In order to chose my models correctly, I had to think about my target audience and about the kind of person they would most relate to and look to see in a rock magazine. This is why I used Anna as my main model as she is the same age as my target audience and so a lot of people will be able to relate to her and feel more personally towards the magazine. I used 2 Foot Moose because I felt they related very well to my genre of music due to their style. For my photos, I tried to get my models to look into the camera as this addresses the audience through direct eye contact and almost seems to draw them in.
I also used other features such as special offers and previews to attract the attention of my audience. For example, I used a special offer with "WIN" in large noticeable letters to catch attention and and attract my audience to the idea of winning something to do with a band of my chosen genre. I also used the offer of free posters to attract my audiences attention. I did this because a lot of the people I know who have an interest in rock, have an extensive amount of posters from magazines stuck to their walls and so I know posters would be a popular feature. Previews were also meant to catch the attention of my audience as I used band names to grab the attention of other fans. I feel I was addressing these fans by adding a selection of bands in so that they might buy the magazine due to having seen another band name they liked on the cover
Other ways in which I attracted my audience were the use of a dark forest background. I used this as it created a horror movie style of scene which helps to connect with the darker members of my audience.
I attempted to directly address my audience by having "YOU" in large eye catching letters on my double page spread as this makes the interview seem more personal due to the band member directly addressing the reader. Another way I tried to attract attention was by using the word "Exclusive" to describe my interview as this implies that my magazine is the only one containing this interview and will therefore give it a quality of being 'rare' which will make readers want to know more.
On my contents page, I included other images from separate photo shoots as these will, again, help in attracting the attention of other fans and will show a variation in the content of my magazine.

To find out which features my audience preferred most, I asked a few people in my chosen age range to give me their opinions on my magazine. This is shown in the video below.   
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gFzUhfLU7zA&feature=youtu.be

No comments:

Post a Comment